Webport Junction Frorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hosting On A Home Network

Go down

Hosting On A Home Network Empty Hosting On A Home Network

Post  Admin Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 am

Situation:

You have a laptop or extra computer and want to join a server computer from within the same house... via the Novaworld Login. For example, I like to host a map on my desktop computer (called a server or host computer) and join it from my laptop. I can join my own server from the same IP/router/network. Essentially, I can play with myself (no pun intended).

Resolution:

The PC serving or hosting the map will need to make a few adjustments to the file, as well as create a port forward on their modem. This ensures the requests go to the PC that is serving, as all the other PC's on that network who are joining also have the default 32768 in their setup.

Solution:

- Go to the PC which is acting as the server or going to host the map.
- Locate the folder game folder. For example,

==> C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Joint Operations Typhoon Rising\

- Locate the and open it with a text editor such as Windows Notepad or Notepad++.
- Search and locate the line comment "// MULTIPLAYER"; within that section you will find the setting for the port numbers... you are looking for:

==> mpnovaworldportmin = "32768"

- Change it to a different port number. You can use 32769, 32670, 32772. So, now you have:

==> mpnovaworldportmin = "32771"

- Save and close the file.

Now, go create a "port forwarding" for that port (32771 in this case) on your router.... to the IP number of the PC you just adjusted. Each router has different instructions on how to go about creating a "port forwarding" and there is a boat load of info on the web. So, I'm not going to bother covering the specifics.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mmgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down