Webport Junction Frorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experiences in ARMA III

Go down

Experiences in ARMA III Empty Experiences in ARMA III

Post  AKMARK5000 Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:09 pm

I bought ARMA3 game 7 months ago.  Back then, it was in the alfa stage and therefore discounted 50% of what it costs now.  It was actually a really good game despite the alfa status and now that it is a full release, the game is nothing short of excellent.  

The slow pace and detail are what make this game so great.  The item and background graphics are detailed and rich.  The weapon variety, look, sounds and behavior is unreal (fantastic).  The tactical thought that goes into each and every mission makes you feel like you are actually preparing for a real-world mission.

Seriously, if you are looking for a slow paced, detail oriented, realistic military simulation game, then this is the game for you even at the current price.

ARMA Universal Introduction Overview:

Game at STEAM Store Download; http://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Information)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

http://webportjunction.xtreemhost.com/

Back to top Go down

Experiences in ARMA III Empty Re: Experiences in ARMA III

Post  AKMARK5000 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 am

... just a great resource  It's the main site page for "dslyecxi" who is the founder of a gaming community known as Shack Tactical, a prior-service US Marine, and an avid fan of Bohemia Interactive’s ArmA series of combat simulations. The site is actually in a blog format, so, you can see current update articles in a chronological order.

==> dslyecxi.com.

He's also got a Youtube channel.  I subscribed and I found some really cool videos.

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Information)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Post  AKMARK5000 Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 pm

So this year, 2014, I'm going to give the game another try.  This time though, I think I will start off with file manipulation.  Looking at how to install missions and mods and configuration adjustments tweaks could help me become more comfortable with the game before plunging into the game-play.

Luckily, I had a gaming buddie already playing ARMA 3 a little bit and he was already in a gaming clan as well.  So, someone to help reintroduce me to the way things worked was very helpful.

One of the first mods that I looked at was ARMA3 Sync.  This is a front-end game launcher that synchronizes the various addons or mods that you download and install for ArmA 3:

ARMA3 Sync -http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162236-ArmA3Sync-launcher-and-addons-synchronization-software-for-ArmA-3&p=2477805#post2477805

After installing and using that for a bit, I went hog wild trying out ARMA3 game and the different mods... from mostly two places:

Armaholic - http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma3_files

Bohemia Interactive - http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?164-ARMA-3-ADDONS-amp-MODS-COMPLETE

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Update Information)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Post  AKMARK5000 Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:24 pm

ARMA III APEX...

Time passes, and it is time to reinstall ARMA III.  Much has changed since I last installed and played the game.  I went ahead and went all in... bought the Apex DLC (I already own the basic ARMA 3) right from STEAM.  I also bought the DLC Bundle (Marksmen DLC, Karts DLC, and Helicopters DLC) from G2A.com because it was ten dollars cheaper at the time.  However, here's the STEAM link anyway.

Experiences in ARMA III FK8JRynh

However, for those who are less "gung-ho" about PC Games; a little research and review goes a long way. Is it necessary to buy the ARMA III APEX Edition (for those who don't own ARMA III) or the APEX DLC (for those who own the base game)?

This next video has bad language but this "First Impressions Reviewer" is very informative and really funny.  Anyway, some children or other sensitive family members may not like it. So turn the volume down.

Personally, I plan on using the many free mods to enhance my ARMA 3 APEX experience (missions, maps, mods, etc.).... take a look at the below videos and my
STEAM Workshop Collections as proof!

This next video has a little bad language.  Some children or other sensitive family members
may not like it. So turn the volume down.

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:40 pm; edited 25 times in total (Reason for editing : UPADATE INFO.)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Post  AKMARK5000 Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:52 pm

IMAGE1 | Click To Go...
Experiences in ARMA III Rhuf6Ja

Are you familiar with the STEAM Workshop?  It makes it easy to find 95% of maps and mods - activate and deactivate maps and mods without editing the ARMA 3 directory folder.  Getting your maps and mods via STEAM Workshop also automatically keeps them up to date... no more searching around for the latest file version, no more manual downloads or installs.

I've already experimented with some mods and maps to see what works together and what does not.  I also made one single location spot where you can find and subscribe to everything:

IMAGE2 | Click To Go...
Experiences in ARMA III VF2rwRd

AKMARK5000 WORKSHOP COLLECTIONS LOCATION:

Here is the direct link (details below not necessary but they are there if wanted).

==>  http://steamcommunity.com/id/akmark5000/myworkshopfiles/?section=collections&appid=107410

Step I. Locate the STEAM Workshop and ARMA 3 Workshop Homepage:

1. Click on the word LIBRARY and then move your pointer over the word COMMUNITY and then click WORKSOP from the drop down menu.

IMAGE1 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III RQIdhUHl

2. At the Workshop Homepage, type ARMA 3 into the SEARCH BOX on the right-hand side and then click the MAGNIFY GLASS to the right of the search box, then click the box named "Arma 3" that will pop under the search box.

IMAGE2 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III IRxLMiul

IMAGE4 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III IfV9TEpl

Step II. Find the Collections Page and a Collection:

1. At the ARMA 3 Workshop Homepage, and then move your pointer over the word BROWSE and then click COLLECTIONS from the drop down menu.

IMAGE5 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III Je5OuORl

2. At the Browse ARMA 3 Collections page, type AKM5 into the SEARCH BOX on the right-hand side and then click the MAGNIFY GLASS to the right of the search box and the search produces four collections.  

IMAGE6 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III 1RcKpn1l

IMAGE7 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III 9ChOwlvl

3. The search produces four collections.  Scroll the page and look for a giant snowflake picture and click "AKM5 - ARMA3 Essential Mods."   This collection of mods is commonly used by a majority of other mods and maps.

IMAGE8 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III 9Ifhqawl

Step III. Activate and Install:

Usually, everything in this collection is supposed to be activated.  Sometimes, everything does not work together or is not necessary depending on what is in use.  Individual mods can be activated and deactivated... I'll let you know.

IMAGE9 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III 7YneU4fl

TIP: So that you can find and uninstall these mods easily, click the FAVORITES button.

As an example, let's activate "CUP Units."  Now click the green plus box next to the name and wait a few seconds until it changes into a blue checked box and after a few seconds, it is activated and, depending on the size, it is installed.  So go ahead and activate everything in the "essential collection."

IMAGE10 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III Rg6LT5Ml

IMAGE11 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III Q4TfTFzl

IMAGE12 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III W4bLr6il

Step IV. Find the Map Collection:

So you have the mods activated and installed, now, let's find and install the maps.  This will be easier to do since you already know how to find the collections page.  

1. Click the BACK BUTTON (ARROW).

2. Scroll the collections page and look for a picture of a guy with a magnify glass and click "AKM5 - ARMA 3 Maps."   This collection of maps that require mods to function correctly.

IMAGE8 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III 9Ifhqawl

IMAGE13 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III BlQ16N2l

IMAGE14 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III MRiK8Gll

Step V. Activate and Install:

1. Sometimes, everything does not work together or is not necessary depending on what is in use.  Remember that individual mods can be activated and deactivated.

IMAGE15 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III HBMNqKjl

IMAGE16 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III X5JZhxIl

As an example lets look at "[COOP]RED QUADRANT2."  You must scroll the page to find it... click on it once you find it.  This opens the map's information page.  Along the right-hand side, you'll see some green checkmark mods - that means that you already have those mods activated and installed.  But that isn't the case with every map.  That is why it a good idea to always read the DESCRIPTION!  

IMAGE17 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III QRoSWTAl

IMAGE18 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III Jr9e5XTl

2. It turns out that this map requires two mods that are not in the STEAM Workshop.   They were combined at one time to form RHS Escalation but are now separate downloads.

-RHS USA Armed Forces (USAF)
-RHS Russian Federation Armed Forces (RFAF)

Download from  http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1  or  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27152  ... and manually install them into the ARMA 3 directory folder.

3. When you are ready, click the green SUBSCRIBE BUTTON next to the name and wait a few seconds until it changes into a checked box, which means that it is activated and, depending on the size, it is downloaded and installed on the STEAM Workshop.  

IMAGE17 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III QRoSWTAl

4. Click the BACK BUTTON (ARROW) to get back to  "AKM5 - ARMA 3 Maps."  Scroll the page and activate the following maps:

01. [SP/CO-04] NEGOTIATION
Created by    R34P3R

02. [COOP]RED QUADRANT2
Created by    Dj Otacon

03. Bio Hack Prologue
Created by    The Wampire!

04. [CO-04] Undead Siege
Created by    Ryan

05. [CO-03] The Undead Chronicles - Prolog
Created by    Genesi[s]

06. = InfectiouS =
Created by    ShauntriC (PhysiksFPS)

07. Dawn of the Dead 2.0
Created by    Gulo

08. Zombie Evil [COOP-16/SP]
Created by    SMOLIGE

09. Chernarus Apocalypse A3 Port - part one
Created by    Muttley

10. [COOP 1/6] | STALKER | Zones of Chernarus
Created by    Comrade Commissar

11. Escape Catalina Island
Created by    iPwnR

12. TERRORIST
Created by    PHANTOM

13. Hostage Rescue: USA
Created by    Hungry Hippo

14. Co-10/SP Operation Surgical Strike P.3
Created by    Beechman2129

VI. More ARMA 3 Maps:

So you have the mods activated and installed maps that require various mods that are in the "AKM5 - ARMA3 Essential Mods" (for the most part).  The next collection of maps does not require any mods.  This will be easier to do since you already know how to find the collections page.  

1. Click the BACK BUTTON (ARROW).

IMAGE19 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III 1TwnjZ8l

2. Scroll the collections page and look for a picture of a smiley with a gunshot to the head... click "AKM5 - ARMA 3 Maps [No Prereqs]."  No prerequisites... just activate them all.

IMAGE20 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III Ys4TNMhl

IMAGE21 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III PgYfqcUl

All done with STEAM Workshop.  Time to launch ARMA 3 via the STEAM Library (Bohemia Interactive (BI) ARMA 3 Launcher).

IMAGE22 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III Cdwfa3wl

VII. BI ARMA 3 Launcher Information:

When you launch the BI ARMA 3 Launcher via STEAM or the actual .exe file, you will not see any mods that you manually installed in the LOADED MODS section or in the AVAILABLE MODS section.  Yet, if you launch ARMA 3 .exe directly, those manually installed mods will show up!  This is because manually installed maps and mods are LOCAL MODS according to the BI ARMA 3 Launcher.

To solve this issue, click MODS on the left-hand side of the BI ARMA 3 Launcher

Option 1: Add a single mod folder (one at a time) by clicking LOCAL MOD.
Option 2: Add an entire folder to the WATCHED FOLDERS section by clicking ... MORE.

I recommend doing both options.

IMAGE23 | Click To Enlarge
Experiences in ARMA III FfexdVSl
[/center]

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Thu May 04, 2017 7:56 am; edited 44 times in total (Reason for editing : UPADATE INFO.)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Post  AKMARK5000 Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm not certain about the compatibility of the program since the ARMA 3 Launch upgrade.

Here is the new link for the ARMA 3 Sync Launcher:

==> http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English

CLICK IMAGE
Experiences in ARMA III 0rnQ9Fel

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : UPADATE INFO.)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Post  AKMARK5000 Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 pm

ARMA 3 video… even though it’s a year old, I feel it represents the overall game fairly well. 

It doesn’t cover the 2016 APEX (expansion) or how the community mods enhance the game (climb, jump, non-fatigue, more weapons, editing features, and gameplay elements). [/font][/size]

When the video talks about multiplayer… means true coop (true coop as in computer AI enemy vs human players). 

A big "plus" in my opinion is that ARMA 3 developed as a military simulator game for the PC… specifically - not a secondary thought or as a console port. 

Since “Angel Falls” will not be produced as originally intended, I think this is a great coop game similar to Novalogic military simulator games like Delta Force series (DFX-SO) or the Joint Ops series (AW2).  

ARMA 3 seems like a game that can go 12+ years and maintain a relevant player base (like Novalogic had for many years). 

The basic game, ARMA 3, is pretty cheap and offers a lot of game. It can be bought separately from the Apex Edition and DLCs.  Don't misunderstand, they are nice, but are absolutely not needed at this point (I know because I got them anyway). 

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : INFO UPDATE)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum