Webport Junction Frorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take A WAC AT WAC Files

2 posters

Go down

Take A WAC AT WAC Files  Empty Take A WAC AT WAC Files

Post  Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 pm

A WAC file is a collection of commands and scripts (lines of text) that override in-map commands and scripts made during creation, modification or editing. A WAC file is basically a text file, so, in the MED (mission editor) go under tools and open up the WAC... if there isn't one, then the editor makes one with the map's file name and the extension .wac instead of a regular text file extension .txt. From that point onward, you have a WAC file to work with.

WAC files can be opened, edited and saved with a text editor such as notepad. But it's important to make sure its created by the MED, named the same as your other map files and located in the same place as your other map files... it won't work otherwise. Here are a couple scripts I usually use in my WAC files.

The Text or
Consol Script (yes, I know consol is spelled wrong... acknowledge and move on dude) just makes messages appear on the game screen at certain times. the // are lines where you can make notes or whatever. if a line has // then it will be disregarded by the game and not show up on the game screen. The red color text you can change, but the other text you cannot. Why? It's the formatted text or language that is needed for the game.

// Consol text display

if past(20) and never() then
consol("COPBOX2 Area 51 Modified By =SOG=Mark5")
consol("Respawners... 0 times.")
consol("Press the [i] key to reveiw mission information tips.")
consol("Visit our website: www.10thsog.com")
endif

The 20 is the amount of time (time = seconds) before the game displays the text.

COPBOX2 Area 51 Modified By =SOG=Mark5
Respawners... 0 times.
Press the [i] key to reveiw mission information tips.
Visit our website: www.10thsog.com

So, here's an example in its entirety of a JOAW2 WAC file:

// Consol text dissplay

if past(20) and never() then
consol("COPAW2 Area 51 Modified By =SOG=Mark5")
endif

if past(50) and never() then
endif

if past(100) and never() then
endif

if past(300) and never() then
endif

if past(400) and never() then
endif

if past(500) and never() then
endif

The Incremental Accuracyspread Script produces the difficulty for the map's AI characters. Since a WAC file can be edited with a text editor such as notepad, you can easily adjust the settings without the MED. Here's what mine look like in my DFX2 Black Ops Mod Maps:

//Incremental accuracyspread difficulty

if (humans == 1) then
accuracyspread = 14
elseif
(humans == 2) then
accuracyspread = 13
elseif
(humans == 3) then
accuracyspread = 11
elseif
(humans == 4) then
accuracyspread = 10
elseif
(humans == 5) then
accuracyspread = 8
elseif
(humans == 6) then
accuracyspread = 7
elseif
(humans == 7) then
accuracyspread = 6
elseif
(humans == 8) then
accuracyspread = 5
elseif
(humans > 8) then
accuracyspread = 5
endif

Remember, The red color text you can change, but the other text you wouldn't... it's the formatted text or language that is needed for the game.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mmgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Take A WAC AT WAC Files  Empty More WAC Scripts!

Post  AKMARK5000 Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Dave 61 has an extensive WAC script collection. You can cut/paste and customize. Even though the title says DFX & DFX2, WAC scripts are WAC scripts and work in many Novalogic games and subsequent mods such as the Joint Ops Advanced Warfare2 Mod.

==> http://home.comcast.net/~dthomas118853/Delta force xtreme wac scripts.htm

Specifically, your weather script is a replacement of the word "rain" with "snow". So, here's the way that I would create a wac file specific to the map that I am working on.

1. Open your map in the MED (map editor) and look at the menu choices (file, edit, tools, page, info).

2. Click the "tools menu" and choose "open mission wac!". Since you probebly do not have a wac file yet, it asks you permission to create one.

Say your editing a mis file named of "aw2_m5_bubba.mis" (not the map name that is a separate thing and could be entirely different). When you click "open mission wac!" and you do not have a wac file yet, a blank wac file is created using your text editor (usually windows notepad). The wac is automatically named the same as your other map files and stored in the same location. For example, in the Joint Ops AW2 folder:

aw2_m5_bubba.bms
aw2_m5_bubba.log
aw2_m5_bubba.mis
aw2_m5_bubba.wac

The wac file pops up, but is blank. In order to save it, you need to put something there. Type at least one letter or number (I usually type "p" or "placeholder" Close the wac file and when asked to save it, click ok.

Now you can just go into the Joint Ops AW2 folder and open the wac file directly -- without having to open the MED first and clicking tools and choosing "open mission wac!".

Ok, so now you have a black wac file sitting in front of you with the word "placeholder". When you cut/paste the below wac code script or insert any new wac code script, make sure that you delete "placeholder" and save your new work... not "save as", but "save".

=============================================

if never() then // start rainfall and fast-moving clouds
snow(75)
overcast(70,30)
skyspeed(80)
endif

=============================================

Here is the breakdown of what things mean. Anything after "//" are notes that will be excluded and ignored by the wac process. For example, I could have wrote the notation like this;

// Bubba feels rain and sees fast moving clouds

Now a wac script code always begins with an "if statement" and ends with "endif" -- thus we see in this wac script code;

if never() then
endif

The blank parentheses"()" simply means "value" -- in the above line it has no value. However, the next lines have numerical values like the 75;

snow(75)
overcast(70,30)
skyspeed(80)

...and there you have a simple explanation of a wac script... hope it helps motivate you into leaning more.
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

http://webportjunction.xtreemhost.com/

Back to top Go down