Webport Junction Frorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experiences in Resident Evil 6 & Operation Raccoon City

Go down

Experiences in Resident Evil 6 & Operation Raccoon City Empty Experiences in Resident Evil 6 & Operation Raccoon City

Post  AKMARK5000 Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:01 am

I am not an active fan of the Resident Evil Game Series, but two resident evil games caught my attention.  Both were developed by Capcom and both seemed like a solid 3rd person action shooters with interesting story-lines. 

The atmosphere is more of a creepy or spooky feel with a couple scary surprises, despite what you have heard or might have speculated. In general, the Resident Evil Series is about a viral outbreak caused by the immoral and careless actions of a major company called Umbrella Corp.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City:  This one plays from the perspective of Umbrella Corp. agents.  These agents are sent into Raccoon City to cover-up and destroy evidence that implicates Umbrella.  They end up fighting Umbrella Corp’s actions and S.T.A.R.S (spec ops soldiers) who are trying to figure out who is responsible for the outbreak and rescue any Raccoon City Outbreak survivors.

It has a single player mode, but the real fun is in the cooperative mode.  You and three online friends can battle through the entire campaign!  Then you can go back and select a specific mission in free-play mode to explore or pickup the extra items missed the first time.

The graphics are not state-of-the-art, since it is a three year old game.  However, the visuals are pretty gorgeous for a game of this nature.  The camera views and controls aren’t too bad on PC mouse/keyboard, although, a bit strange at first, and the automatic duck and cover system is kind of nice.  Overall, an excellent game experience if you take advantage of the 4 player coop mode.

I picked up Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Complete Package, which includes all of DLC add-ons, on a STEAM sale for about $15. 

Resident Evil 6:  Continues following the Raccoon City virus to various global locations.  Unlike Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City this title, this one plays from the perspective of S.T.A.R.S (spec ops soldiers) trying to figure out this now wide spread virus and fighting against Umbrella Corp’s actions.

I picked up Resident Evil 6 (no DLCs) on a STEAM sale for about $20.  There are so many features involved in this game, that I found a few video reviews to cover all the information.

Short and Quick:

Long Detailed (the first half of the video is most useful):

* I heard Resident Evil 4 and 5 mentioned a few times between both reviews.  So, I might try those.

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update Information)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

http://webportjunction.xtreemhost.com/

Back to top Go down