Webport Junction Frorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations

Go down

Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations Empty Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations

Post  AKMARK5000 Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Resident Evil Revelations takes STARS to various locations again.  The bulk of the story, plot and action takes place on an abandoned cruise ship.  No prior knowledge of the previous games is needed, but, as with other games, prior knowledge often enhances the experience.

Graphics: The graphics are really nice and hold up well despite being a DS-Mobile-Device ported game.  They are not spectacular if compared with other released PC games within 2013.

Game Mechanics: They are standard for third person shooters and a vast improvement over previous Resident Evil games.  For instance, reloading and shooting while moving is possible.  With that being said, the weapon aiming and shooting seem difficult at times, but remember that most of the time you're on a ship in a stormy ocean.

Price:  At the time of this writing, there wasn't a sale on this one.  STEAM was a little ridiculous with the normal price of about $45.  However, I still wanted the game inside my STEAM Library.  Green Man Gaming (GMG) had a great sale of about $13 and the offer was just a STEAM key... this meant the game activation and download would be done through STEAM.  Once on STEAM, it was if I actually bought the game through STEAM.  I would be able to buy and install any DLC's that I wanted as well.

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

http://webportjunction.xtreemhost.com/

Back to top Go down

Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations Empty Resident Evil Revelations Field of View (FOV)

Post  AKMARK5000 Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Field of view (FOV) was never a huge concern up until Resident Evil Revelations.  After reading many complaints about the really low FOV, I realized that a low FOV blocked out a significant view of wide screen capable computer monitors.  

My quest to fix RER's FOV began and ended here...

==> http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Revelations#Field_of_view_.28FOV.29

The instructions at the above link are a little confusing, but with a little bit more information, Widescreen Fixer is actually pretty simple to use.  

1. Once downloaded.  The ZIP contains a folder.  Extract the Widescreen Fix folder and move it to where ever wanted.

2. Open the Widescreen Fixer folder and click the executable file (.exe)... the program's main window opens.

3. Select Resident Evil Revelations from the drop down menu.

4. Click the settings cog icon and disable Automatically Detect Resolution and enter your display count/resolution manually.  Note that this option are must match whatever resolution is set with the game's options menu.  For example, in RER's Video Options menu, my single monitor resolution is set at 1360x768 and therefore the Widescreen Fixer should read 1 for the monitor count and then 1360x768 for the resolution options.

5. When adjusting the FOV slider to your liking, be mindful not to surpass 70 because 75, 80 or 90 will make the game visuals look elongated, stretch out and just plain weird.

6. Go to the Settings Tab and set the toggle hotkey if you wish, but I'd just leave it set to the Muliply key, which is over on the number pad next to the minus symbol.

Start Resident Evil Revelations and once you've passed the start screens and the introduction cut scene and are aboard the ship then you can enable the fix by pressing the hotkey.

Check out the below recording of my game.  It shows the dramatic difference that my FOV setting makes (FOV = 70).

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:37 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations Empty Resident Evil Revelations RAID Mode (COOP)

Post  AKMARK5000 Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Resident Evil Revelation has COOP, but it is called RAID MODE.  Going through the entire single player campaign unlocks map areas, characters, etc. etc. which prepares raid mode.  Raid mode is made up of the single player campaign scenarios, but the layout is different and the cut scenes are not used.  The enemies are a bit different too.  Stages (levels) and stats about scoring are focuses of raid mode. Collecting different items and customizing guns is a major feature also.

During raid mode, you can choose different stages and characters to play as, and upgrade weapons and buy weapon/equipment/supplies from the in-game store using points and things called coins that you've earned from the game. You get different amounts of points depending on where you shoot an enemy. By killing some enemies, you earn items (such as ammo/keys/custom parts).

The health of an enemy is displayed via a meter next to it while in combat.  You will earn an enemy mop-up mission every time you clear a stage (go to missions to check details).  You always start on level 1 and have to play to earn your way to a better level. You can also earn other weapons and Custom Parts.  Once you complete a stage, a medal will appear that you have to break with a physical attack.  The items and levels earned carry over to each character. Your inventory also carries over.

Here's a link to more detailed guides:

Guide 1. ==> http://segmentnext.com/2013/05/21/resident-evil-revelations-raid-mode-guide/
Guide 2. ==> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222562914

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations Empty Resident Evil Revelations Save Failure Solution

Post  AKMARK5000 Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Problem: For any number of reasons, RE:R starts having consistent "save failure" errors occurs during manual and auto-checkpoint saving.

Solution (here's the fix that I applied):

Step 1. In the rare event that you run into trouble... Backup the remote folder and remotecache.vdf file at the following location;

=> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\54359961\222480

Note that the remote folder also contains the game's save information (data0.date).

Step 2. Deleate the remote folder and remotecache.vdf file at the following location;

Step 3. Reboot or rather restart the computer.

Step 4. Start up Residend Evil Revelations.  This should recreate a brand new remote folder and remotecache.vdf file at the following location;

At this point Alt+Tab out of the game and check!

Step 5. While RE:R is running, choose to start a new game and the save system should work... it'll say, saving data and then "save successful."

Step 6. At this point Alt+Tab out of the game and check the file structure described in Step 4... if everything is there, then bring the game back up and exit it.

Note that custom settings under the Options menu might need resetting.  Also, any modifications like Widescreen Fixer and SweetFX may need resetting... test it out to see if it remained ok first.

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

Back to top Go down

Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations Empty Re: Experiences in Resident Evil Revelations

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down