Webport Junction Frorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experiences in Sniper Ghost Warrior (I)

Go down

Experiences in Sniper Ghost Warrior (I) Empty Experiences in Sniper Ghost Warrior (I)

Post  AKMARK5000 Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Sniper Ghost Warrior (I) was part of package bundle called Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy that I bought last year.  Even though there is a multi-player mode, I bought it for the single-player mode.  

I also made the mistake of playing some of Sniper Ghost Warrior II first.  The first Sniper Ghost Warrior game is buggy with the low graphics quality compared to Sniper Ghost Warrior II.  However, it is a similar and a different sniping game experience in its own right.

The game does not carry the notoriety of other sniper games and has a few noticeable glitches and bugs. The game released in 2010, but the graphics are more akin to 2008 graphics (which is not a horrible thing).  Overall, Sniper Ghost Warrior (I) is pretty good for what it is... Running around undetected and dispatching the enemy with head-shots.

At the time of this writing, Sniper Ghost Warrior (I) is $8 USD (includes the DLCs).  This seems like a fair price for this game.

Image Click STEAM Product Page

Image Click STEAM Product Page

Game Modes: Single-player and Multiplayer.... No COOP!  Note that the multiplayer is supposedly better than Sniper Ghost Warrior II.

Story-line: Almost all sniper games lack a decent story and memorable characters... You get missions, you kill enemies to complete objectives and goals... You do not really need a detailed story.

Game Mechanics: Have you played modern first person shooters since 2007?  If yes, then you should be comfortable with this game.  There is a nominal learning curve and the controls can be customized and reassigned..

Weapons and Equipment: Sniper Ghost Warrior II focuses on stealthily killing and sniping enemies.  You only get four to five guns and equipment in total.  Notably, you get a grappling rope for climbing and swinging.

Graphics: The game's graphics are ok, nothing special, not the worst, just ok.  However, the environment is exceptionally well done with a minimal impact on your computer hardware.  Just do not expect the graphical quality beyond the mediocre game of 2010.

Requirements: Even the recommended requirements are fairly low.  A low-end PC and video card should be fine.  Please understand that even an up-to-date low-end PC should exceed the requirements described below.

Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3,2 GHz, Intel Pentium D 2,66 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 
Memory: 1GB for XP / 2GB for Vista and 7 
Graphics: 256 MB RAM compatible with DX10.0 or DX9.0c, Shader Model 3.0 
Cards: GeForce ( 6800/7600-7950/8600-8800/9600-9800/GTX 260-280 ) or Radeon (X1650-1950/ HD2400-2900 / 3650 
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 6.5GB 
Sound: Compatible with DirectX® 9.0c 

Video Review & Game-play

Last edited by AKMARK5000 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)
AKMARK5000
AKMARK5000

http://webportjunction.xtreemhost.com/

Back to top Go down